|Philips Avent||Tommee Tippee||Comotomo|
|Buy Philips Avent on Amazon||Buy Tommee Tippee on Amazon||Â Buy Comotomo on Amazon|
Today we are going to be looking at four different brands and their most popular baby bottles. Baby bottles can be a deceptively simple item on your to-do list for baby. However, when it comes time to pick which bottles go on your registry things can get complicated quickly no matter which side of the breast-is-best topic you are on. Let’s get started and make our way through our top brands and choices.
- Compatible with Philips Avent Natural range, excluding classic bottles and cup handles.
- Natural latch on due to the wide breast shaped nipple.
- Unique Petals for a soft, flexible nipple without collapse.
- Advanced anti-colic system with innovative twin valve.
- Simple to use and clean, quick and easy assembly.
- Ergonomic shape for maximum comfort.
- BPA free.
- Interchangeable parts make for easy transitions between sizes.
- Sturdy and hold up to wear.
- Great for transitioning between breast and bottle.
- Fewer parts compared to other brands.
- Heat resistant.
- Some reports of the bottles leaking.
- The flow is a bit too fast so use your judgment when going up to a faster flow nipple.
- Original breast-like nipple for a smooth transition between breast and bottle.
- Optimum venting valve with slow flow nipple for less air intake and discomfort,
- Always BPA-free for your ultimate reassurance.
- Closer to Nature Bottles are compatible with all Closer to Nature nipples, excluding Anti-Colic and Ultra nipples.
- Bottles available in a wide range of ounces, pack sizes, colors, and decorations.
- Wide neck allows baby to feel more like they are at the breast.
- Easy to clean with a brush.
- Easy for baby to grasp.
- Warms very quickly in the bottle warmer.
- Works well for breast to bottle transitions.
- Some consider the nipples too flexible and hard for infants to latch onto.
- Reports of the slow flow nipples still being pretty fast.
- Baby bottle material mimics skin.
- Easy to Clean with the super wide opening.
- Dual Anti-colic vent.
- Nipples come in different flows for a variety of age ranges.
- The bottle comes in two different sizes, 5 oz and 8 oz, which also come in a twin pack.
- The bottles are heat resistant.
- Leak protection.
- Your baby can squeeze and pinch the bottle just like he/she does to your breast.
- The nipple is designed for latching as it elongates in a natural way just like a breast would.
- It is great at reducing air intake.
- Easy for the baby to grab and hold.
- Mimics the breastfeeding experience to cut down on nipple confusion during transitions.
- Bottles can be a bit wide for most standard size bottle warmers.
- The nipple may be too long for some babies.
- The nipple is also slippery when it is wet, unlike some other bottles we reviewed.
- $23.99 for 2 Pack
Honorable Mention: Dr. Brown’s Wide-Neck Bottles
- BPA Free.
- Helps preserve Vitamins C, A, and E, Lipids.
- Vacuum-Free feeding like breastfeeding,
- Reduces Colic, Spit-up, burping, and gas.
- Forces the baby to slow down and drink at a better pace resulting in fewer tummy issues.
- Helps prevent gas well because of the vents.
- Easy to clean.
- Comes with a piece to prevent spilling which can come in handy for travel.
- So many parts to keep up with can be daunting to new parents, especially while sleep-deprived.
- They have some leakage problems.
- The font of the ounce markings is hard to read and can result in some mix-ups.
- $12.97 for 3 pack
Now that we have laid out their virtues and flaws let us discuss why we ordered them the way we did.
First up, #1 pick was the Avent because we felt it was the obvious choice. Not only does the company have an outstanding record, but they were a great value as well.
Our #2 product has some seriously great qualities at a seriously great price. They have made a name for themselves within the baby bottle market, and I am sure we will see them for years to come.
Our #3 pick was one of the newcomers in the bunch, but they have already made a big splash with awards that show they are on course to be a big contender for years to come.
Our #4 choice probably surprised a lot of parents out there. Dr. Brown’s bottles have been a household name for decades, and they have earned their place among any review of great baby bottles. However, we just felt that the complexity of Dr. Brown bottles made them less ideal first choices for soon-to-be parents.
I certainly hope that you have met your new baby bottle among my list and perhaps we have made it a bit easier to fill in that spot in your registry.