|Tula Ergonomic Carrier||Ergobaby Original Bundle of Joy||Infantino Flip Advanced|
|Out of stock||$129.95||$26.88|
|Buy Tula Ergonomic Carrier on Amazon||Ergobaby Original Bundle of Joy||Buy Infantino Flip Advanced on Amazon|
I honestly don’t know how mom’s used to get by without a baby carrier. Sure, a stroller does the trick, but sometimes you want the freedom to go where you want and be able to use both hands freely. This category is loaded with competition and one of the more overwhelming shopping experiences, so strap in as I break down the leading contenders. Many manufacturers have different model’s, so whenever possible I picked the best performing or most popular varieties from each manufacturer.
This is one of the pricier options as far as carriers go but you will have to look far and wide to find a carrier with a more devoted following and overall positive reviews. Keep in mind, you have to buy the infant insert. It has a soft structure that provides comfort and is well-made. If you do not want to invest the money for the Tula, do not despair. Just take a look on down the list and see if your favorite, or soon-to-be favorite, is on our list.
- Price: Out of stock
- Weight range 7-45 lbs with the infant insert, 15-45 lbs without the infant insert.
- Large front pocket.
- Dual-adjustment straps.
- Duraflex buckles.
- Extra padding around leg-opening
- Support shoulder padding.
- Machine washable.
- Hand-made from 100% OEKO-TEX standard 100 certified canvas
- Easy to get baby in and adjust the straps.
- Good for extended baby wearing.
- Soft structured carrier.
- Great safety record.
- Ease of cleaning.
- No forward-facing option.
- Carrier is warm in the summer.
- Price: $129.95
- Four ergonomic carry positions: front-inward, front-outward, hip, and back.
- Weight range 7-45 lbs and 12-45 lbs with carrier only.
- M-shaped seated position in all carry positions up tot toddler.
- Extra-wide adjustable Velcro waistband for lower support, can be worn high or low for maximum comfort.
- Adjustable padded shoulder straps.
- Tuck-away baby hood for sun protection.
- Can breastfeed in carrier.
- Fabric is 100% cotton.
- Machine washable.
- Easy to use.
- Adjusts easily.
- Works for smaller babies with the insert.
- Insert is a bit snug for larger newborns, but they are still too small to be in the carrier without the insert.
This is a surprisingly versatile carrier when I started stacking up its virtues. I loved that it came with the Wonder Bib and that it offered different width seating positions to fit babies whose legs are not quite as long as their peers. It also has the flexibility to grow with your baby and extend the wearable years. The Infantino Flip Advanced wins my best value award.
- Price: $26.88
- 4 ways to carry: facing-in (narrow seat), facing-in (wide seat), facing-out, and back pack.
- Adjusable head support.
- Extra-padded shoulder straps.
- Supportive waist belt transfers weight to wear’s hips.
- Includes Wonder Cover bib.
- Weight Range 8 lbs – 32 lbs.
- Grows with baby flexibility.
- You can breastfeed in the carrier.
- Wonder bib protects your clothing and your baby during meal times.
- Good value.
- Could use more padding.
Baby Carrier Reviews – Honorable Mentions
While these carriers didn’t make our top three, they are still worth a consideration.
Baby Bjorn Original Review
Baby Bjorn is one of the heavyweights in the carrier market. It is light and well-constructed. However, this was my first baby carrier and I found it would get really hot and uncomfortable for me after a fairly short time it really does not hold up to older babies and is not that comfortable for long wear (gets really tight and hot).
- Price: $78.98
- Weight Range 8 lbs – 25 lbs.
- Fabric is 100% cotton.
- Padding is 100% polyester.
- Machine washable, air dry.
- Can breastfeed in the carrier.
- Easy use.
- Strong construction.
- Not enough pockets
- Not enough support for older babies.
Lillebaby Complete All Seasons Review
- Price: $138.99
- Six ergonomic carrying positions.
- Lumbar support.
- Two-way strap.
- Sleeping hood.
- Extra tall, extendable torso.
- Wide, padded shoulder straps & waist belt.
- Breast feed right in the carrier.
- Machine wash, hang dry.
- Air panel allows you to control your baby’s temperature making it comfortable no matter the weather.
- Perfect newborns with no insert needed.
- Converts into a toddler carrier for extended use.
- No extra parts needed.
- A bit heavy.
- There’s a learning curve to using it.
Boba 4G Carrier Review
While this one did not perform as well as some of the other carriers in its price range, it still held its own in most categories. There were some issues with the sizing and the fact that it offered no front-facing positions hurt its ranking.
- Price: Check on Amazon
- Weight range 7-45 lbs.
- Two ergonomic carry positions front-inward and back.
- Includes infant insert, footstraps, and sleeping hood.
- Zippered waist belt pocket.
- Will fit all sizes of adults from XS – XXL.
- Machine Washable.
- 100% cotton.
- Adjustable shoulder straps.
- Adjustable waist belt.
- Storage pockets.
- Great for plus sizes or men.
- Stands on its own.
- Purse strap.
- Little too heavy on its own.
- Does not fit as well on shorter frames.
Baby K’tan Original Review
If you love wrap-style carriers, then this might just be the one for you. We have it listed here as an honorable mention because it simply was not as versatile with carrying older children. It, however, is one of the best when it comes to newborns. There are few carriers who can beat the closeness and secure comfort of the Baby K’tan for newborns.
- Price: $49.95
- Fabric 100% cotton.
- Individually sized for mom or dad.
- Patented double-loop design is easy to put on, and change positions.
- Multiple wearing positions from newborn to toddler 8-35 lbs.
- Machine washable, dryer safe.
- 6 different wearing positions.
- Soft wrap-style carrier for comfort and closeness.
- Great for newborns.
- Easy to put on.
- Not enough support for toddlers.
Check out this Baby K’tan vs wrap video:
I hope this list helped you decide on a favorite carrier or two. Whether you are looking for the best value or for specific features, my list was designed to help you get a quick overview of the carriers in the list so you can make quicker and more informed decisions. At the end of the day we all want our babies to be safe and happy, carriers give moms the best of both worlds. Here’s hoping you find your perfect match. And if you get tired of carrying the little one, check out my BOB stroller comparison.